Priory Park Playgroup has provided care and learning for the local community for 40 years. In 2016 the Playgroup merged with Priory Park Infant School and are part of the ‘Heart of Priory’, moving into new premises in January 2017.
Heart of Priory Vision Statement
‘Learning Together with Care and Respect’
Priory Park Playgroup is committed to ensuring all children a caring and stimulating environment to enhance their personal development and learning.
- For each child to feel safe and secure and see each success and mistake as part of the learning journey.
- For each child to feel happy, confident and supported within a creative, child friendly environment.
- For each child to be supported to reach his or her potential through being respected as an individual.
- For each child to develop the skills required to become a successful learner.
- For everyone in the Playgroup Community to feel valued and work together as a team.
- To respect the needs, beliefs and cultures of others.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and the wider community to promote positive relationships.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum which enables each child’s interests and abilities to be nurtured.
What we offer your child
- A nurturing and enabling environment.
- The support of a Key Person.
- Activities and experiences tailored to your child’s developmental needs enabling your child to achieve and progress.
- Opportunities for you to be involved in your child’s learning and development.
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults.
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the Playgroup.
What we do
At Priory Park Playgroup we are passionate about play-based learning which is built around the interests and fascinations of our children. We believe in providing a nurturing environment which will enable each child to feel content, secure and confident to allow them to achieve their full potential. The open plan, enriched learning environment encourages active learning, critical thinking and exploration and provides the children with opportunities to develop their imagination and foster their self-esteem and self-confidence in their ability to learn.